MoniqueReads

The Little Reading Nook

The New Mrs. Collins - Quanie Miller

Letter Grade: B-

The New Mrs. Collins is a very unique take on the "left at the alter" story. The supernatural twist, intriguing backstory, and unique cast of characters makes this an enjoyable page turning read.

The New Mrs. Collins could have been a solid "B" I wanted it to be a solid "B" but there were a few flaws that held it back unevenness of the two main characters as well as time frame issues held it back. I was looking for a story with two strong characters. I got one strong character (Adira) and one with potential (Leena). Since Leena's potential was never fully realized for me, it was hard to find the ending as satisfying as I would have liked it to be. I was left feeling like "Wait there has to be more? Leena's story can't end like this with her being the same person she started out as?".

Overall Recommendation: Read

If you are looking for something with a bit of range The New Mrs. Collins is prefect. It's funny and dark at the same time. It has a great cast of characters and is a unique take on a common plot. I enjoyed reading it and if it hadn't been for a few flaws it would have gotten a solid B.

full review at The Little Reading Nook