MoniqueReads

The Little Reading Nook

The Family Business

The Family Business - Carl Weber, Eric Pete The Family Business and I started off on the wrong foot and it just went down hill from there. The first chapter introduces you to the youngest member of the Duncan Family, Paris. And she was annoying as a toddler throwing a fit in the middle of Walmart. Really, she was just one huge giant ghetto stereotype. Then Weber and Pete introduces you to the other members of the family and while they are not as bad as her. They are uninteresting and really hard to connect to. By the time I got to Chapter 3, which I believe was narrated by London (the oldest sister), I knew that I would not care what happened to anyone in the story.

One of the things that sometimes saves books from bad characters is good writing. The only word that I can think of to describe the writing style in this book is basic. The sentence structure had no depth and there was no style. Nothing to keep me wanting to turn the page. Combine that with the fact that Pete and Weber decided to write in the first person point of view, and it was a complete fail.

This is not my first time reading Carl Weber (but I stopped a long time ago) and Eric Pete is new to me. I don't think I will be reading anything but either of them any time soon.