MoniqueReads

The Little Reading Nook

The List - J.A. Konrath The List is just as fast as any thriller novel. I was hooked within the first couple of pages. I wanted to know what connections Mankowski had with the other victims and potential victims. The action never stopped and because of that reason I was able to finish The List in one date (and it is not that long).

The plot was interesting at first. I was intrigue to find out about the number tattoos on the bottom of the foot and how these tattoos connected the character. But as the story progressed and things began to fall into place, it become clear that the plot was pretty outlandish. Completely and totally unrealistic, in order to enjoy The List. I sort of had to suspend my disbelief and just roll with it. As the story progressed I had to suspend my disbelief even more, Kornath throw in everything but the kitchen skin in his plot.

While the pace was fast there was not much character development. The characters were just there, I wanted to see what was going to happen to them but I wasn't invested in them. The lack of character development did not take away from my enjoyment of the story but I did notice that I could have cared less if one of the main characters lived or died.

The writing was average. There were some funny jokes that made me chuckle but it was more like slap stick comedy.

Overall Recommendation:

I would recommend this one to anyone that what wants an easy and fast paced thriller to read. I would add in the warning that the plot is a little outlandish and the unrealistic.